Collective resource limits status report #9

Gabor Kovesdan gabor at FreeBSD.org
Mon Aug 2 19:29:10 UTC 2010

Since last report I fxed a kernel panic and I've been trying to add
memory consumption-related limits. I'm a bit confused of the actual
meaning of each type because I don't have too much knowledge about the
ins and outs of memory mgmt in FreeBSD. Besides, the implementation of
various resource allocating is quite different, which makes my code more
complex and hard to read than I originally imagined. So the plan for
next week is to look at Edward's containers project in depth and do some
brainstorming if I can use it to keep my code cleaner.

Gabor