libiconv status report #6

Gábor Kövesdán gabor at kovesdan.org
Mon Jul 13 17:12:51 UTC 2009

Hello,

weekly progress:

- Added encodings: MacArabic, MacDevanagari, MacFarsi, MacGujarati,
MacGurmukhi, MacKeyboard, MacSymbol
- Improved encodings: GB2312
- Add a script to covert the unicode.org conversion table format to the
Citrus format
- Clean up the alias files for a unified style, based on alphabetic order
- Some little nits

Some word about the overall progress: the non-CJKV encodings are fine
for now, I'm working on the CJKV encodings. The difficult part isn't
fixing the conversion tables but understanding the different algorithms
the CJKV-encodings use. Furthermore, I'm working on an own regression
test because the GNU one doesn't serve us very well any more. It'll be
fine for further development to have an own test suite. And I'm also
reviewing the code looking for optimization opportunities and fixing
warnings. My intention is to make the stuff WARNS=6 clean but of course
it isn't the most important task for now.

Cheers,
Gáabor