DENY ACLs

Ken Cross kcross at ntown.com
Mon Aug 20 18:11:34 GMT 2001

The process must apply to groups, too.

For example, suppose the user is a member of GroupA which is allowed access
and also a member of GroupB which is denied access, e.g. "setfacl  -m
g:GroupA:rwx,g:GroupB:-  file".  (There's no user-specific ACL.)

All "deny" ACL's must be checked first, so the user should be denied.  Under
the current scheme, I think the "best match" would allow access.

Good thought, though.  Thanks.

Ken