PERFORCE change 132710 for review

Adrian Chadd adrian at freebsd.org
Mon Jan 7 18:36:39 PST 2008

On 08/01/2008, Andre Oppermann <andre at freebsd.org> wrote:

> Reinventing the wheel?  Have a look at IPFIREWALL_FORWARD
> which supports transparent proxying as well.

Yes, but redirects it to a local listen() socket, effectively spoofing
the destination IP. The client (ie, the computer making the connect())
thinks its talking to the original destination.

This is meant to implement the other end - spoofing the local IP on
sockets that you connect() to, spoofing the local IP and not the
destination IP. This is intended to let a FreeBSD box (with relevant
symmetrical routing) pretend to be a client on a connect() to a remote
server.

If this can be done within pf/ipfw right now then please let me know. :)

adrian

Adrian Chadd - adrian at freebsd.org