PERFORCE change 132434 for review

Robert Watson rwatson at FreeBSD.org
Thu Jan 3 17:25:42 PST 2008

On Thu, 3 Jan 2008, Peter Wemm wrote:

> http://perforce.freebsd.org/chv.cgi?CH=132434
>
> Change 132434 by peter at peter_daintree on 2008/01/03 22:24:56
>
> 	Export the build uuid to the dump header.  Nothing interesting is done
> 	with it at this point.
>
> 	While here, move all the mkdumpheader() copies into a MI place, as
> 	the (duplicated) comment suggested.  Allow magic numbers to be passed
> 	through so textdumps can share the code too.

Currently, I duplicate the panic string and kernel version string from the
dump header in the textdump itself as data files.  Any chance you want to do
the same with the uuid?

(Perhaps a better model would be to have savecore append another file to the
textdump containing the header information, but the above seems to work fine
for now, and has some advantages).

Robert N M Watson
Computer Laboratory
University of Cambridge