PERFORCE change 126745 for review

Oliver Fromme olli at fromme.com
Tue Sep 25 05:07:33 PDT 2007

Constantine A. Murenin wrote:
 > Hans Petter Selasky wrote:
 > > Some things I have in mind:
 > >
 > > Automatic __FBSDID() at top of C-files.
 > >
 > > Automatic "static prototypes".
 > >
 > > Automatic comments before every C-function is defined.
 > >
 > > Automatic use of typedefs when declaring certain device method functions:
 > >
 > > static device_attach_t my_attach;
 > >
 > > Automatically reorder the code so that it follows generic device driver
 > > layout.
 >
 > Automatic renaming of function names like hid_get_descriptor_from_usb()
 > and usbreq_get_report_descriptor() into something less wordy.

FWIW, I like those functions names.  As far as I can tell,
they do not violate style(9), and I can't think of a good
reason why verbose names should be forbidden.

Especially when I have to read parts of the kernel code
which I'm not familiar with (happens sometimes), I really
apreciate it if the name of a function clearly indicates
what the function does, without having to wade through
anouther screenful of unknown code ...

Best regards
   Oliver

--
Oliver Fromme, Bunsenstr. 13, 81735 Muenchen, Germany

``We are all but compressed light'' (Albert Einstein)