PERFORCE change 126745 for review

Bernd Walter ticso at cicely12.cicely.de
Mon Sep 24 04:20:12 PDT 2007

On Sun, Sep 23, 2007 at 09:13:33PM +0200, Hans Petter Selasky wrote:
> Hi Constantine,
>
> Thanks for your input and I _know_ that my code is not 100% style compliant.
> Most of the style misbehaves are probably there due to the way my "xemacs"
> autoformatting behaves. And I love curly brackets and parenthesis, by the
> way :-)
>
> My plan is to clean up all the style stuff by a small C-program in the end,
> because doing it by hand is waste of my time. Probably it will take less time
> to write that program than the actual manual edit when we are talking about
> doing alot of edits. It wonders me if such a tool already exists, because the
> code is technically OK.

There is indent(1) in src, but it doesn't produce 100% style(9) clean
code either.
I usually use it as a starting point for very ugly formated code.
I'm not shure it will make things easier in this special case, maybe
just different.
But very likely you can use it to automatically fix at least a few
common points.
Enhancing indent to produce style(9) code would be a great feature...

--
B.Walter                http://www.bwct.de      http://www.fizon.de
bernd at bwct.de           info at bwct.de            support at fizon.de