PERFORCE change 123399 for review

Hans Petter Selasky hselasky at c2i.net
Wed Jul 25 17:07:53 UTC 2007

On Tuesday 24 July 2007, Rui Paulo wrote:
> Hans Petter Selasky wrote:
> > Remove all USB device drivers from your kernel config file, except
> > "device ugen". All your USB devices should show up like "ugenX" devices.
> > Then install "/usr/ports/sysutils/udesc_dump" and run this command on all
> > /dev/ugenX instances. Redirect the contents to a set of files and upload
> > them somewhere. I want to have a look at the descriptors. Maybe there is
> > a USB descriptor that you can detect, that makes a keyboard an Apple
> > keyboard. That will be more generic than adding these quirks!
>
> The output of udesc_dump is attached. ugen3 is what you really wanted to
> take a look.

Yes, there it is.

I suggest you do the following.

Try to cat the various interrupt endpoints, for example /dev/ugen3.X and see
if you get anything.

Really, I think that FreeBSD 7-current should be able to handle more than one
inputdevice!

Second, compile your kernel with "options USB_DEBUG".

Then "sysctl hw.usb.ums.debug=15".

On which mouse device do you get data when you move the mouse ?

Or maybe you get no data at all.

Anyway, I would object to your patch. Try to get moused fixed or whatever so
that it works.

--HPS