PERFORCE change 106547 for review

Alexander Leidinger netchild at FreeBSD.org
Sat Sep 23 11:41:55 PDT 2006

Quoting Alexander Kabaev <kabaev at gmail.com> (Sat, 23 Sep 2006 13:02:59 -0400):

> > > I am worried about accepting anonymous contributions into our tree.
> > > Who is to answer if someday anonymous benefactor will send us
> > > proprietary or GPLed code?
> >
> > Who can guarantee that "Hugo Egon" <hme4711 at hotmail.com> is really
> > Hugo Egon and developed the stuff on his own? What about "Ports
> > Fury" (grep the commit logs for it)? What about "Alexander Leidinger"
> > <Alexander at Leidinger.net> or "Alexander Kabaev" <kabaev at gmail.com>?

> Last two are easy. You can be traced to people who recommended for a
> commit bit, at the very least. Ports Fufy has live witnesses of its
> existence. Some anonymous people on the lists, like
> LONE<something> character, I forgot an exact spelling, uses uses his
> real name in PRs. I doubt you will find massive evidence of anonymous
> coders in src/. Ports are little more liberal, but not by much.

I ask him if he is willing to provide his real name for the commit to
CVS. We can discuss this further after I got an answer.

Bye,
Alexander.

--
      ...and that is how we know the Earth to be banana-shaped.