Plone port without even plonectl ?

Ruslan Makhmatkhanov cvs-src at yandex.ru
Fri Nov 8 13:13:40 UTC 2013

Hi,

Alice Vixie wrote on 08.11.2013 15:45:
> Hi,
>
> a beginner's question:    after installing www/plone I couldn't even
> find plonectl command as recommended at the very start of the manual.
>

> Is there any FreeBSD-ports-friendly manual? The official one starts
> with strong warning against the packages and ports (incl. FreeBSD).
>

> Thank you very much in advance

What's plonectl? In FreeBSD it have no individual start-up script - you
just starting zope with plone installed.

Just start it with `service zope213 start` and add zope213_enable="YES"
in /etc/rc.conf to survive the reboot. That's all. There is another
options to set multiple Zope instances etc, you may find that info
there: /usr/ports/www/zope213/files/package-pkg-message.in

It is displayed upon install.

--
Regards,
Ruslan