Bus error in xfce4-color-settings

Guido Falsi mad at madpilot.net
Fri Oct 9 14:06:48 UTC 2020

On 09/10/20 12:11, Morten Bo Johansen via freebsd-xfce wrote:
> Hi
>
> Could I report a bug in xfce4 by writing to this address rather than
> using bugzilla?

You can report it, but this belongs more to the upstream, so to xfce
gitlab instance.

FreeBSD ports provide ports, but actual bugs in the upstream project
should be reported there. While I can try to help and debug things, and
sometimes also fix them, I actually have little understanding of the
xfce software internals, so fixing such a bug (which as I state later
loooks more GTK related) goes beyond my abilities.

> I have inserted a paste from the output of a backtrace of the core
> that the program dumped. There are no debugging symbols, but sometimes
> developers find such a backtrace useful all the same.
>
> My system: FreeBSD 12.1-RELEASE-p10 amd64
>             xfce4-color-settings 4.14.3 (Xfce 4.14)

The backtrace does not help especially because none of the frames
references an xfce part, everything seems to happen in gtk and its
dependencies.

Could you describe what you were doing when the crash happened?

Could you compile xfce ports with debugging symbols and file a bug
report at the xfce gitlab instance also describing exactly what you were
doing?

Another factor that could be important, are you using a loocale setting
different from the default C or english ones?

--
Guido Falsi <mad at madpilot.net>