LightDM Theming

Ben Woods woodsb02 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 21 05:12:40 UTC 2020

Hi xfce@

I am thinking of adding theming to the x11/lightdm-gtk-greeter port, and
wanted to discuss options.

I wanted to add:
- nice wallpaper with FreeBSD logo
- Gtk theme - Numix
- Icon theme - Elementary

There seems to be a general concept with FreeBSD ports to stick to the
vanilla defaults from upstream in terms of theming. However, given this is
likely to be the first graphical environment seen by new FreeBSD users, I
think there could be some benefit in making it pretty.

I wanted to ask opinions on the following 2 options:
1. Change existing x11/lightdm-gtk-greeter port to have these themes by
default
2. Create a new port called x11-themes/lightdm-theme-fbsd which depends on
the lightdm-gtk-greeter package and customised its .conf file

Thoughts?

Regards,
Ben

From: Benjamin Woods