Welcome XFCE 4.14

Olivier Duchateau duchateau.olivier at gmail.com
Fri Sep 27 16:56:04 UTC 2019

Le Thu, 26 Sep 2019 17:53:40 +0200,
Guido Falsi <madpilot at FreeBSD.org> a écrit :

> On 24/09/19 11:13, Marko Cupać wrote:
> > On Sun, 22 Sep 2019 08:38:15 +0200
> > Olivier Duchateau <duchateau.olivier at gmail.com> wrote:

> >> Are you using DRM kernel module? Or X.org drivers?
> >
> > Sorry for late reply, took me a few days to come back to office from
> > this year's eurobsdcon.
> >
> > I'm using latest DRM kernel module,
> > drm-fbsd12.0-kmod-4.16.g20190814.
> >
> > This is on FreeBSD 12.0-RELEASE-p10 GENERIC amd64, with yesterday's
> > ports (I build them myself in poudriere). My hardware is ThinkPad
> > T440, here's how display adapter looks to pciconf:
> >
> > vgapci0 at pci0:0:2:0:	class=0x030000 card=0x220c17aa
> > chip=0x0a168086 rev=0x0b hdr=0x00 vendor     = 'Intel Corporation'
> >     device     = 'Haswell-ULT Integrated Graphics Controller'
> >     class      = display
> >     subclass   = VGA
> >
> > Regards,
> >

> Hi,
>
> I was skimming upstream commits, to try to see if there is something
> that could affect us. Sometimes this gives hints and solutions some
> others it does not.
>
> While this is a complex issue and it's difficult to find a fix without
> specific knowledge, I noticed a recent commit [1] that maybe could
> help.
>
> This is a shot in the dark, but worth a try, so, someone affected
> should apply the patch at [2] to x11-wm/xfce4-wm and report back. I
> only tested this patch in poudriere and it compiles.
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> [1]
> https://github.com/xfce-mirror/xfwm4/commit/e5462de37a4b0a18c051e9a92ea6dce7cd7b79a8
>
> [2] https://people.freebsd.org/~madpilot/xfce4-wm.diff

Hi Guido,

I've just tested your patch, and I've still black borders with drm-kmod
(on 12.0-RELEASE-p10). With Xorg drivers it is ok.

I noticed, build stage complains because libXpresent is missing (in
ports tree too).

You can see my patch [1] (based on yours).

Regards,

[1]
https://framagit.org/olivierd/freebsd-ports/blob/master/patches/xfce4-wm.diff

--