[CFT] x11/xfce4-dashboard 0.6.0

Ben Woods woodsb02 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 29 15:18:23 UTC 2016

On 22 May 2016 at 03:56, Olivier Duchateau <olivierd at freebsd.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> New release 0.6.0 of x11/xfce4-dashboard was published. But I noticed core
> dump with Xfdashboard utility (not the settings manager) on 9.3-RELEASE
> (with Radeon Xpress 200M), 10.3-RELEASE (with Vesa, this box needs to be
> updated to -CURRENT, but currently I don't have enough time).
>
> Patch is available here [1] or in Xfce devel repository (in 4.12 branch).
>
> Crash is related to Clutter and OpenGL.
>
> So if someone can test/run with recent GPU drivers, I appreciate it.
>
> Regards,
>
> [1] https://people.freebsd.org/~olivierd/patches/xfce4-dashboard.diff

Hi Olivier,

I have just tried this a few times, and it seems to be working ok for me.

I am using the scfb driver, as I have a broadwell laptop and am not using
the latest drm-next graphics driver source tree.

I do get the following output when running xfdashboard from the console,
but it still works fine:

$ xfdashboard

(xfdashboard:2862): xfdashboard-CRITICAL **:
xfdashboard_window_tracker_monitor_is_primary: assertion
'XFDASHBOARD_IS_WINDOW_TRACKER_MONITOR(self)' failed
libuwind: _unw_add_dynamic_fde: bad fde: FDE is really a CIElibuwind:
[...]
(xfdashboard:2862): xfdashboard-WARNING **: Determination of application by
checking environment variables is not supported at this system.
libuwind: _unw_add_dynamic_fde: bad fde: FDE is really a CIElibuwind:
_unw_add_dynamic_fde: bad fde: FDE is really a CIElibuwind:
_unw_add_dynamic_fde: bad fde: FDE is really a CIElibuwind:
_unw_add_dynamic_fde: bad fde: FDE is really a CIElibuwind:
_unw_add_dynamic_fde: bad fde: FDE is really a CIE%

Regards,
Ben