pendrive automount in xfce4?

Olivier Duchateau duchateau.olivier at gmail.com
Wed Jul 23 19:28:49 UTC 2014

> Hi!

Hi,

> Are there any automounter solution for FreeBSD and XFCE?
> Actually I use sysutils/automount, but I'd like something,
> with which I can umount the mounted devices on multiuser
> machines, too. (If I know well, there is something developed
> in PC-BSD, but I didn't find anything in the ports.)

I'm afraid, but currently, this is the only solution. You can also use
sysutils/xfce4-genmon-plugin, with your own script.

I started to code something more integrated into Xfce, (we need to
"patch", Thunar, xfce4-settings, xfce4-desktop, in order to have
something equivalent to thunar-volman). But currently I'm quite busy,
and I prefer to concentrate on Parole (the latest release depends of
GTK3 3.10 at least), and sysutils/xfce4-power-manager which is broken.

PC-BSD perhaps uses Hal?

> Thanks,
>
> Gábor < Gabor at Zahemszky dot HU >

olivier