'Live' Migrate messes up NTP on FreeBSD domU - any suggestions?

Hoyer-Reuther, Christian Christian.Hoyer-Reuther at cac-chem.de
Fri Jul 22 10:01:27 UTC 2016

Hello Roger,

my test machine is now running HEAD (r303131) amd64 with xe-guest-utilities-6.0.2 (from HEAD ports r418911). My XenServer environment is still the same.

When I migrate the VM to another host then the migration finishes but at the end of migration the VM console switches to the VGA BIOS screen (Plex86/Bochs VGABios ...).

The VM console freezes, the VM is not reachable over network and in XenCenter I see the first 2 CPU's go up to 100 percent.

Then after 10 minutes the CPU usage goes down, the VM console is responsive and the machine is reachable over network. And the time is in sync (not in future).

Maybe I used the wrong path to setup a machine with HEAD - I upgraded 10.3-RELEASE to HEAD.

I will do a 2nd test using the FreeBSD-11.0-ALPHA6-amd64-20160701-r302303-disc1.iso and then update to the latest revision. Maybe this way is more clean and will bring other results.

But I'm not sure if I will get this finished today. I will be in vacation from Monday and then let you know when I'm finished.

Regards,

Christian