Attach disk to VM

Roger Pau Monné roger.pau at citrix.com
Tue Jan 12 09:09:43 UTC 2016

El 12/01/16 a les 9.53, rainer at ultra-secure.de ha escrit:
> Hi,
>
> we're running Xen Server 6.5 (as part of a CloudStack deployment)
> I run a number of FreeBSD 10.1 guests and it works nicely so far.
> However, I can't attach a disk while the VMs are running.
>
> "You attempted an operation that requires PV drivers to be installed on
> the VM. Please install them by inserting xen-pv-drv.iso."
>

> How do I fix this?

Attaching disks to a FreeBSD VM using Open Source Xen [0] and the xl
toolstack works just fine, but I guess the XAPI toolstack requires some
kind of signal from the guest in order to know it can hot-attach disks?
Have you tried to install the sysutils/xe-guest-utilities port? From the
description it looks like it might solve your problem.

Roger.

[0] http://www.xenproject.org/