11-RELEASE and live migration

Hoyer-Reuther, Christian Christian.Hoyer-Reuther at cac-chem.de
Thu Dec 15 07:20:43 UTC 2016

> I'm able to see these glitches, as said the VM doesn't really hang, it just
> gets
> stuck for a long time (and I think that depends on the uptime differences
> between the source and destination hosts). In the meantime, could you please
> test if changing the timecounter from XENTIMER to any other (like HPET or
> ACPI-fast) solves the issue?
>
> # sysctl -w kern.timecounter.hardware=ACPI-fast

Hello Roger,

I changed the timecounter from XENTIMER to ACPI-fast and then I did about 10 migrations between our 3 hosts. I always started the next migration a few seconds after the previous migration finished. The VM didn't stuck now and I didn't see the VGABios screen on the console.

Regards,

Christian