Xen console on 10.1 DomU

Jeroen van der Ham jeroen at dckd.nl
Fri Jul 17 19:03:02 UTC 2015

Hi,

What is the current way of getting a xen console on a FreeBSD 10.1 DomU?

I’ve been searching on:
* https://wiki.freebsd.org/FreeBSD/Xen (reasonably up to date, but has no info on console)
* http://wiki.xen.org (completely outdated, “official” documentation points to installation of FreeBSD 7.2(!))

I found instructions to add a line to /boot/loader.conf (console="comconsole”)
or a line to /etc/ttys (xc0     "/usr/libexec/getty Pc"         vt100   on  secure)

But in either case I am getting an error on the Linux Dom0:
xenconsole: Could not read tty from store: No such file or directory

Is it still possible to get a console from a Linux Dom0? How?
What would be the best place to publish instructions for that?

Thanks,
Jeroen.