Latest current -CURRENT (rev 255904) panics with "device hyperv" on XenServer 6.2

Shanker Balan mail at shankerbalan.net
Fri Sep 27 14:59:55 UTC 2013

On 27-Sep-2013, at 8:20 PM, Roger Pau Monné <roger.pau at citrix.com> wrote:

> On 27/09/13 08:16, Shanker Balan wrote:
>> Helo,
>>
>> Now that XENHVM has been merged into the GENERIC kernel, I recompiled todays -CURRENT (rev 255904)
>> and hit the following panic. It seeems to be HyperV related.
>>
>> GENERIC without "device hyperv" works properly. The hypervisor is XenServer 6.2.
>>
>> # HyperV drivers
>> device          hyperv          # HyperV drivers
>>
>> Panic screenshots with backtrace at http://imgur.com/cZsDsKE&VCkh4VS
>
> Hello,
>
> This is because XenServer enables viridian by default when running HVM
> guests. That makes Xen also announce itself as HyperV for compatibility
> reasons, as a workaround you can try to disable viridian support (not
> sure if this is possible on XenServer).
>
> I'm attaching a patch that should solve the problem, Ccing the virt
> mailing list and the persons that I think are involved in the HyperV
> support for FreeBSD.

Hi Roger,

Thank you very much for looking into the issue.

Can I have a SVN version of the patch? "patch" does not seem to like
the diff (or maybe I am using it incorrectly)

root at fxen1:/usr/src # patch -n  < ~/xen_hyperv.patch
Hmm...  I can't seem to find a patch in there anywhere.
root at fxen1:/usr/src #

Regards.
@shankerbalan