XENHVM hang-up w/ "network_alloc_rx_buffers: m_cljget failed"

Louis Opter kalessin at kalessin.fr
Sun Jan 6 10:35:58 UTC 2013

On Jan 6, 2013, at 1:39 AM, moto kawasaki <moto at kawasaki3.org> wrote:

>  - Those VMs hang up with the following messages on console:
>
>      network_alloc_rx_buffers: m_cjlget failed
>
>    This message is repeatedly shown so quickly, and I cannot get
>    login prompt.

I got this too (by starting too much torrents at once…)

My understanding is that FreeBSD is not really dynamic concerning
memory allocations for the network, so I bumped up the limits in
/boot/loader.conf:

kern.ipc.nmbclusters="51200"
kern.ipc.nmbjumbop="51200"

netstat -m is really useful to see what's going on.

My dom0 is Linux 3.2, but I don't think that this problem is specific to
Xen in any way.

Best

--
Louis Opter