Console 'lag'?

Karl Pielorz kpielorz_lst at tdx.co.uk
Thu Aug 29 10:07:31 UTC 2013

So we've got our test FreeBSD 9.2-RC3 amd64 system running under Xen Server
6.2 - with the xen 'guest' tools enabled (i.e. Xen Server can see it can
suspend / resume the guest etc.)

We've noticed the console under XenCenter 'lags' sometimes - or, more
accurately it doesn't update until you hit a key.

Best example is:

root at v1:~ #echo "Hello World!"
Hello World!

You *sometimes* don't get the prompt back, until you press a key. Other
examples would be running 'ps ax' - nothing appears to happen - again,
until you press another key.

This is only a cosmetic annoyance - just wondered if it was a known issue /
any fix for it?

-Karl