XENHVM and XenServer 6.2

Mark Felder feld at FreeBSD.org
Mon Aug 12 13:29:08 UTC 2013

Hi Michał,

To my knowledge this is strictly a qemu issue and should be solved when
XenServer starts shipping upstream qemu instead of their own fork. There
may be a way for FreeBSD to work around it, but I am not aware of anyone
trying.

The current solution is to remove the entire CDROM/DVDROM drive from the
VM to boot a XENHVM kernel. There is no workaround, unfortunately. I
have filed this bug with a couple Citrix contacts of mine but have not
heard back on an ETA for a solution on the XenServer side.