Q on types of xen virtualization

arvind viswanathan arvind.viswanathan at gmail.com
Thu Aug 9 23:30:54 UTC 2012

Hi,

I use a version of Freebsd 7 for my work and I was able to brint it up in
Open xen 4.2 However the, OS version I use does not have any xen related
files in it (no xen device folder, no xen folder in sys.., no change to the
kernel config either) But the server we use supports virtualization. So is
the mode that we are currently working in referred to as pure HVM ? I also
hear about PV HVM and purely PV. I guess in PV HVM, we use a XEN
configuration file and run on a machine supporting virtualization and
currently 64 bit machines can only be run this way ? Can some one confirm
if my understanding is right.
Thanks
arvind