FreeBSD 8.2 XENHVM Kernel on Xencloud

Egoitz Aurrekoetxea Aurre egoitzaurrekoetxeaaurre at ramattack.net
Tue Sep 20 16:40:35 UTC 2011

Good afternoon,

The subject practically is saying what I'm trying to ask but... does
anyone tried FreeBSD 8.2 or similar under Cytrix Xenserver or XenCloud?. I
have been doing some benchmarks and seems to perform pretty nice... and
seems to be stable too; the only thing would be nice to be available for
FreeBSD at Xenserver/Xencloud would be the Xenserver/Xencloud's Xentools;
although I assume Xentools are basically for having info of the ip of the
machine (hostname, if the machine has been cloned...) and so... because
I assume a xe migrate and so commands make use
of lvm and so... for hot migrations and so... should work the same way
although are not officially supported in the xenserver/xencloud https api.

Has anyone ever had some experience with FreeBSD in this environments?.
Which of them?, and which FreeBSD version?. The XenCloud version I tried
is Xencloud 1.0, which makes use of :

Includes Xen hypervisor version 3.4.2
Includes Linux 2.6.32 privileged domain

Thank you very much.