does anyone have Xen running on an AMD system?

Colin Percival cperciva at freebsd.org
Thu Jan 13 22:39:54 UTC 2011

On 01/13/11 14:35, Gót András wrote:
> Colin Percival wrote:
>> This is a different panic (PR kern/152228).  To fix this one, set
>> machdep.idle_mwait=0 in the loader.
>
> er, how could we set it from the Xen config side (or any side)? With
> Linux, in PV mode Xen just boots the kernel with some params.

I think putting it into the extra="..." line in a xen domain config file works.
I'm using pv-grub, and with that I just add the config options after the kernel
path (e.g., "kernel /boot/kernel/kernel machdep.idle_mwait=0,boot_verbose=1").

--
Colin Percival
Security Officer, FreeBSD | freebsd.org | The power to serve