Xen in Virtual Machine?

Mark Price mark at rootbsd.net
Mon Feb 9 12:14:30 PST 2009

Hi Julian,

So, you want to run Xen hypvervisor inside a kvm or virtualbox machine?
If so, I don't think its possible.  I tried it also with virtualbox
and was unable.
I did some research and tweaks but couldn't find an answer except that
"it wont work" - probably because Xen hypervisor depends on full hysical
CPU access.

The Xen hypervisor is pretty stable, I don't see why you couldn't get it
running on a Linux workstation.

Also note that with some computers you need to turn on Virtualization
Technology in the BIOS.

Regards,

Mark
http://www.rootbsd.net