FreeBSD on domU, now

Tom Graves tgraves_cs at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 22 15:28:41 UTC 2009

I'm by no means an expert, but I recently went through same issue of
figuring out how to build it and get it running. Here are some useful
links.  I built the freebsd 6.3 version with xen. You didn't specify if
you wanted to get it running in hvm or paravirt.  The build stuff is
for modified freebsd with xen for running in paravirt.

http://wiki.freebsd.org/FreeBSD/Xen
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/virtualization-guest.html
http://benoit.litchis.org/freebsd-xen/ (location of some images)

To build you use XEN kernel config - something like:
make buildworld buildkernel installworld installkernel distribution DESTDIR=/foo KERNCONF=XEN

Create disk image or put on physical disk and then mess with /etc to setup files you need.

Tom