Xen stuff

Doug Rabson dfr at rabson.org
Mon Dec 1 09:10:33 PST 2008

I will be working on improving Xen support in FreeBSD for the new few
months. My main goal is to add support for native Xen drivers to an
amd64 kernel which is running in Xen's HVM mode. These drivers will
take over from the slow emulated devices and provide most of the
performance benefits of a paravirtualised kernel. I'm initially going
to be supporting FreeBSD 6.x but I will port it all forward to head
and 7.x when it works properly.

If anyone is interested in following this work, please feel free to
contact me by email or just check out my working tree at http://svn.freebsd.org/user/dfr/xenhvm/6
.