'End' key stopped working (xfce)

Jakob Alvermark jakob at alvermark.net
Tue Jan 26 13:33:43 UTC 2021

On 1/26/21 1:58 PM, Michael Gmelin wrote:

>>> Thanks for the feedback.
>>>
>>> If that change really works for most users it's a good candidate for inclusion in the ports tree. I'd also try to get it back upstream.
>>>
>>> I followed up to bug 244290 about this.
>>>
>>> But since I'm not experiencing the issue myself I can't test this. So I'm asking for consensus from users.
>>>
>> By chance I discovered that it seems it only happens when you have UDEV option on xorg-server.
>>
>> (Which I do. Tracking -current all pkgs was upgraded when -current was bumped to 14, and the binary package of xorg-server does not have udev enabled)
>>
> Any chance that your keymap config is simply wrong/doesn’t match libinput? (You can check that by using setxkbmap to set the correct keymap explicitly). Maybe you could share your X11 config files/your .xinitrc.

It was working fine before the upgrade of libxfce4menu. It is working
fine now after I have patched in the removed line discussed in the above PR.

$ setxkbmap -query
rules:      evdev
model:      pc105
layout:     se

I have no special X11 config files, except for some settings for my
touchpad.

My .xinitrc just contains a single line: 'xfce4-session'

I had a look a x11-servers/xorg-server because I felt it should have
UDEV enabled by default, and found why it is not:

In the Makefile there is this:

OPTIONS_DEFAULT_FreeBSD_11=     DEVD
OPTIONS_DEFAULT_FreeBSD_12=     UDEV
OPTIONS_DEFAULT_FreeBSD_13=     UDEV
OPTIONS_DEFAULT+=       ${OPTIONS_DEFAULT_${OPSYS}_${OSREL:R}}

There is no OPTIONS_DEFAULT_FreeBSD_14=     UDEV

Jakob