Worse performance compare to linux

Kevin Oberman rkoberman at gmail.com
Mon Jan 25 17:52:35 UTC 2021

On Mon, Jan 25, 2021 at 1:52 AM Softwafe Engineer <timsofteng at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hello. I've noticed worse performance in graphical session in freebsd than
> in linux.
> I have thinkpad with intel graphics. I've installed drm-kmod and I suppose
> it works correctly. Even with fixed cpu frequency in sysctl  to turboboost
> performance is not good as linux by default. I've noticed freezes and
> slowly.
> I see it even in vim with syntax highlighting.
>
> What do I do wrong?

A tiny bit of information would help.
What version of FreeBSD?
Which Intel graphics? Ivy Lake? Hasweil? There are a lot of them. Most work
fine with the correct driver.
What DRM version?
A look at the Xorg log would be helpful. (Usually /var/log/Xorg.0.log.)

My first guess is that you have fallen back to VESA or SCFB or you don't
have a working OpenGL (mesa-drm).
E-mail: rkoberman at gmail.com