drm-*-kmod port for Comet Lake

Emmanuel Vadot manu at bidouilliste.com
Wed Sep 9 06:55:22 UTC 2020

 Hi,

On Tue, 8 Sep 2020 17:30:34 -0700
Kevin Oberman <rkoberman at gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks! As often happens, I got it working just a little after I sent this
> report. The problem is that I installed from packages and i didn't realize
> that the default xorg-server defaults to devd and does not include the
> modesetting driver. I pulled down the ports tree and reinstalled
> xorg-server and that got X working.

 xorg-server don't default to devd for current but udev and it does
include the modesetting driver so don't really know what happened here.

> I still have a serious issue, but that will require a bug report. Seems
> that letting the keyboard sit idle too long (seems rather random, but
> usually just 1-5 minutes), the system totally locks up and gets very hot.
> Really not good and part of the fun running current! Worse, it make
> building a new kernel painful!

 That's ... weird ....
 Does the machine locks up only when you let it idle ?
 Can you ssh to it after or is it totally locked up ?

Emmanuel Vadot <manu at bidouilliste.com>