drm-current-kmod 5.4 missing 4.16 patches

Tijl Coosemans tijl at FreeBSD.org
Sun Oct 4 18:20:37 UTC 2020

On Sun, 4 Oct 2020 16:28:57 +0200 Tijl Coosemans <tijl at FreeBSD.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I noticed some patches that were applied to drm-current-kmod 4.16 are
> missing from 5.4.  I went over this list (minus the upstream commits):
> https://github.com/FreeBSDDesktop/kms-drm/compare/drm-v5.1...drm-v4.16
>
> I attached the ones that were missing.  They have been reworked a bit to
> apply to https://github.com/freebsd/drm-kmod/tree/5.4-lts
>
> They don't apply to the master branch because it is missing things that
> are in 5.4-lts.  In fact master is currently 273 commits behind 5.4-lts
> which in turn is 49 commits behind master.  You seem to be applying
> patches to both branches instead of applying them to one branch and then
> merging the branches.  If you happen to forget about the other branch
> that's how patches get lost.

I also found a difference between these commits:
Extend pause in firmware loading
https://github.com/FreeBSDDesktop/kms-drm/commit/71a473b81e5bd4d92b9a574eb90c8604742584ce
https://github.com/freebsd/drm-kmod/commit/c20c542484f982e1ba26ddf69a673f7deca9c62f

There are two more commits to i915_debugfs.c that are not in 5.4:
Fix debugfs to output gpu info and error state without crash
https://github.com/FreeBSDDesktop/kms-drm/commit/a0614d5ad4deaaabe0c7966af48cb5f2dfb26171
Increase buffer size for gpu info debug output
https://github.com/FreeBSDDesktop/kms-drm/commit/993d966f0d5546476ff9870e9dc7c4fbb658d2c5

I can't tell if they are needed so I didn't include them in the patch
set.