Working on Zoom port

Eric McCorkle eric at metricspace.net
Sun May 3 21:50:36 UTC 2020

Finally got back to this, made a bit of progress...

On 4/15/20 7:25 AM, Eric McCorkle wrote:

>> Also they ship a whole bunch of libraries without any licenses. For sure
>> there is Apache and BSD code in there. I guess somebody could write
>> Boston to the the GPL licenses, but the other libraries are totally a
>> no-go without licenses.

See below

>> Are they using the "commerical" version of Qt? Or maybe they just got
>> liberal with it like they did the other stuff? I think the commercial
>> version is different than normal people have, if not now then soon.
>
> I'm intending to figure out what version of Qt they are using.  It would
> be better in my opinion to install the Qt ports.  If they are using
> professional, then we'll have to use whatever they install.
>
> Regardless, this is going to have to be one of those packages that
> doesn't get distributed by FreeBSD (like other commercial ports).

Indeed, it seems to be some kind of commercial version of Qt.

I have, however, gotten it to start all the way.  I added linux-c7-nss
to the dependency list (provides libsmime3).  After that, you have to
run the linux ldconfig:

# /compat/linux/sbin/ldconfig /compat/linux/opt/zoom/

(I have to run this as root, and the effects don't seem to carry over to
my standard user account.  Confession: I don't fully understand what
this is doing, and I imagine there's a "right" way to do this for ports")

If you do that, then zoom actually tries to start!  Unfortunately, it
seems to be missing assets or something:

No PulseAudio daemon running, or not running as session daemon.
zoom started.
Client: Breakpad is using Single Client Mode! client fd = -1
QStandardPaths: XDG_RUNTIME_DIR not set, defaulting to '/tmp/runtime-root'
[CZPClientLogMgr::LogClientEnvironment] [MacAddr: ][client: Linux][OS:
CentOS Linux 7 (Core)][Hardware: CPU Core:4 Frenquency:3.1 G Memory
size:32663MB CPU Brand:Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-5557U CPU @ 3.10GHz GPU
Brand:][Req ID: ]
Linux Client Version is 3.5.385850.0413
QSG_RENDER_LOOP is
XDG_CURRENT_DESKTOP = GNOME;   GDMSESSION = gnome
Graphics Card Info::
Zoom package arch is 64bit, runing OS arch is x86_64
AppIconMgr::systemDesktopName log Desktop Name: gnome
qt.svg: link image0 hasn't been detected!
qt.svg: :/images/wechat.svg:10:6: Could not resolve property: pattern0
ExceptionHandler::SendContinueSignalToChild sys_write
failed:ExceptionHandler::WaitForContinueSignal sys_read failed:Broken pipe
ExceptionHandler::GenerateDump waitpid failed:Bad file descriptorBad
file descriptor

The pulseaudio non-detection is probably something to do with running
zoom as a different user than my x session.

Things I could use help with:
1) What is the "right way" to do this ldconfig step? (Preferably,
something I could have the port do?)
2) Anyone who knows something about qt?