mouse is broken after update

Michael Gmelin freebsd at grem.de
Tue Mar 10 11:49:26 UTC 2020

On Mon, 9 Mar 2020 22:33:45 -0400 (EDT)
AN <andy at neu.net> wrote:

> After updating to xwayland 1.20.7_2,1 my mouse is broken, will not
> move. Is anyone seeing issues with this?  Mouse works on console, but
> after startx mouse does not work. Can anyone confirm this is working
> correctly after the update? Any help is appreciated.

Please move your configuration out of the way (ServerLayout etc.).

Make sure to set

sysctl kern.evdev.rcpt_mask=6

Stop moused: killall moused

Then try again.

If this doesn't help, please take a look at:
https://github.com/grembo/xorg-udev-setup-check
(it's not made for xwayland, but might still help to debug your setup).

Best,
Michael

> Section "ServerLayout"
>
>      Identifier     "Layout0"
>
>      Screen      0  "Screen0" 0 0
>
>      InputDevice    "Keyboard0" "CoreKeyboard"
>
>      InputDevice    "Mouse0" "CorePointer"
>
> EndSection
>

> Section "Files"
>
> EndSection