xterm-352 and x11-fonts/iosevka

Yuri Pankov yp at xvoid.org
Thu Jan 23 23:56:54 UTC 2020

Thomas Dickey wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 23, 2020 at 10:07:04PM +0300, Yuri Pankov wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> After updating xterm to version 352, x11-fonts/iosevka is rendered as if
>> being twice as wide; reverting to 351 makes everything look normal.
>>
>> Relevant entries from .Xresources (same with using -fa option):
>>
>> UXTerm*faceName: Iosevka
>> UXTerm*faceSize: 18
>>
>> Anyone seeing the same and has any hints on the problem/fix?
>
> I'll look into it (I can see a difference).

Thank you.

Now thinking more about it, it could be partly a misconfiguration on my
side -- the "Iosevka" font is the one with ligatures, other terminals
I'm using (e.g. iTerm2 in Macos supporting ligatures, and Putty in
Windows which doesn't) both accept this font, and show everything
correctly so I simply forgot about the difference.  If I use the
"Iosevka Term" font, i.e. the one not including the ligatures, in
xterm-352 it works correctly as well.