Artifacts on console

Jan Beich jbeich at FreeBSD.org
Fri Feb 28 20:35:56 UTC 2020

Isaac Mushinsky <itz at mushinsky.net> writes:

> https://photos.app.goo.gl/Tqvv19uva4Ge5tpv5
>
> After X starts, I sometimes have this messed up area on my monitor on all
> non-x11 consoles. It goes away if I power flash the monitor but annoying
> nevertheless. Any ideas why and how to fix it? This happens sporadically,
> sometimes the problem is there, sometimes not.

Can you try if graphics/drm-devel-kmod is affected? Update kernel to
-CURRENT but leave base system (aka userland) as is to allow going back.
If you use a custom kernel config make sure it has COMPAT_FREEBSD12.

I've seen something similar half a year ago on Skylake but don't
remember when it stopped glitching.