udev

ajtiM starikarp at dismail.de
Sun Feb 23 10:58:35 UTC 2020

Hi!

I am reading emails and FreeBSD forum about problems with new udev
xserver. Can someone explain, please, what is advantage using udev vs
native devd which works long time? Are we going toward Linux, Windows,
systemd?
It will be nice that we now where to put changes if something going
wrong - is it /etc/X11/xorg.conf or /usr/local*etc*x11/xorg.conf.d/?
Is it possible to choose devd option to build xserver and do not install
xf86-input-libinput?

Thank you.

--
“There is only one good, knowledge, and one evil, ignorance.”
― Socrates