xfce4 does not see up arrow after reinstall/xorg update

Michael Gmelin freebsd at grem.de
Sat Feb 22 22:56:39 UTC 2020

On Sat, 22 Feb 2020 17:41:32 -0500
Aryeh Friedman <aryeh.friedman at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sat, Feb 22, 2020 at 4:48 PM Michael Gmelin <freebsd at grem.de>
> wrote:
>

> > On Sat, 22 Feb 2020 14:53:01 -0500
> > Aryeh Friedman <aryeh.friedman at gmail.com> wrote:

> > > Section "InputClass"
> > >         Identifier              "Evdev keyboard"
> > >         MatchDevicePath         "/dev/input/event*"
> > >         MatchIsKeyboard         "on"
> > >         Option                  "XkbRules" "evdev"
> > > EndSection
> > >

> > Can you try this instead? It might not make a difference, but it's
> > low effort to test.
> >
> > Section "InputClass"
> >   Identifier "libinput keyboard catchall"
> >   MatchIsKeyboard "on"
> >   MatchDevicePath "/dev/input/event*"
> >   Driver "libinput"
> >   Option "XkbRules" "evdev"
> > EndSection
> >

> No luck it made stuff slightly worse in that there is now a noticable
> delay between the first key being hit in a xfce session and when it
> appears (all other keystrokes are normal).   I also ran your script
> and made all the correction it suggested even the drm related ones
> even they don't apply since I am using nvidia-driver.

Well, no point in making those when using the nvidia driver.

> I would like to make a side comment on the latest xorg update in
> general: WHAT A CLUSTERF*CK this is no where near ready for
> production based on the number of people complaining about basic I/O
> problems.

You already made that comment yesterday :)

The point is, cursing won't motivate anyone to help you.

A productive thing you could do is to share your setup (this means the
hardware you use, all relevant log and configuration files [rc.conf,
loader.conf, xorg.conf if any, content
of /usr/local/etc/X11/xorg.conf.d etc.]), so that someone with a similar
setup can test/debug.

Cheers,
Michael

--