xfce4 does not see up arrow after reinstall/xorg update

Aryeh Friedman aryeh.friedman at gmail.com
Fri Feb 21 23:25:49 UTC 2020

After deleting all my ports and reinstalling of them (on 2/20/2020) no
application when running in a xfce4 environment recognizes/sees the up
arrow.   All other arrow and cursor control keys work as expected.
The up arrow keys works correctly on the console and in twm (default
window manager for startx).

Note the reason for the delete/reinstall was that I used hal as my I/O
manager and as per /usr/port/UPDATES it is no longer supported and the
only clean way I found to switch to libdevd was to do a complete
delete and reinstall of *ALL* ports on the system.