Announcing hikari 1.0-aplha1 wayland compositor for FreeBSD

Denis Polygalov dpolyg at gmail.com
Sun Feb 9 12:24:37 UTC 2020

Hi raichoo,

thank you for sharing the code.
I'm very interested in having working Wayland compositor
especially if it is FreeBSD oriented, because all other
alternatives contain a lot of Linux-izms inside...

I was able to compile your code on 12.1-RELEASE
and see empty window upon launching hikari executable!
This is a good news for me :)

The problem however, is that in order to make hikari useful
on FreeBSD it has to be at least in a form of port (ideally package).

I can try to help with port files, but to my knowledge
it is necessary to be able to download each release
archive via 'wget' or similar CLI tool.

The hosing you using:
https://hub.darcs.net/raichoo/hikari/dist

doesn't seems to provide such functionality...
Have you consider to host the code on github or gitlab?
Or provide exact full URL for current and future releases?

Something like this for example:
https://hub.darcs.net/raichoo/hikari/ ... /hikari-1.0.1.tar.gz

Also, just a line of text in documentation describing
how to launch a shell inside of hikari will be very useful...

Regards,
Denis.