Xorg (latest from ports) and no mouse movement

Matthias Apitz guru at unixarea.de
Thu Dec 17 09:05:10 UTC 2020

El día miércoles, diciembre 16, 2020 a las 07:09:20p. m. +0300, Vladimir Kondratyev escribió:

> 3-finger tap is typical gesture for emulating a middle button click.
>

> > - I can click in the title bar of a window, the mouse pointer gets shown
> >   as a cross, but I can't move the window around;
>
> Use tap-and-drag
> https://wayland.freedesktop.org/libinput/doc/latest/tapping.html or
> click-and-drag gestures.
>
> > I haven't yet applied your additional patch.
>
> If you would apply the patch add it would work correctly, you would get
> another one option to do a middle button click called "softbuttons":
> https://wayland.freedesktop.org/libinput/doc/latest/clickpad-softbuttons.html
>
> > Should this applied on top
> > of the already applied patch?
>
> No it should be applied on top of the vanilla cyapa.c

I applied the last patch (thanks) and revoked the changes I did in
/usr/local/share/X11/xorg.conf.d/40-libinput.conf

Following the hints of Michael (thanks) I have now in my ~/.xinitrc file
this section:

# TouchPad / ClickPad section
#
device="Cypress APA I2C Trackpad"
xinput set-prop "$device" "libinput Tapping Enabled" 1
#
# for those who like "natural" scrolling:
#
xinput set-prop "$device" "libinput Natural Scrolling Enabled" 1
#
# this gives three buttons in the lower part of the TP:
#
xinput set-prop "$device" "libinput Middle Emulation Enabled"  0
#
# +------------------------------------+
# |                                    |
# |             main area              |
# |                                    |
# |                                    |
# +------------------------------------+
# |  button1   |  button2  |  button3  | ~10mm in high
# +------------------------------------+
#
# see also:
# https://wayland.freedesktop.org/libinput/doc/latest/clickpad-softbuttons.html
#
# end of TouchPad / ClickPad section

With this I can

- use button1 click in the window title, hold it down and move it around
  with the finger in the main area;
- tap on any desktop or window decoration icon
- select a word with double tapping or a full line with tripple tapping
  and paste is with a click on button2
- click and hold down button1, select any length of string moving
  another finger in the main area, release button1 and paste the
  selected chars with a click on button2;

Pasting with three finger tapping I get seldom to work. But, I was never
used to this.

Thanks

	matthias
--