Is modesetting still preferred for Sandy Bridge? Comet Lake support?

Kevin Oberman rkoberman at gmail.com
Mon Dec 7 17:58:51 UTC 2020

With the recent updates to the Intel video driver, is modesetting still
preferred for old Sandy Bridge systems? Whet about special config? I'm
guessing that SNA is preferred, but is it the default, yet?

Also,if I can ever get Lenovo warranty service issues (that is,I've been
unable to get any), I will need Comet Lake support and, last I knew, it was
only available in head. Is that ever going to migrate to 12 or  will I need
to move to current where I have been having problems? (They may be related
to the hardware issues, but did not show up on 12.2-RELEASE.)

Thanks
E-mail: rkoberman at gmail.com