[ports/graphics/mesa-dri] Segfault in i965_dri.so

soralx at cydem.org soralx at cydem.org
Tue Apr 21 08:23:38 UTC 2020

Greetings.

 After a recent OS & ports update, I found that running programs like mpv,
 mplayer and glxgears results in coredumps because of a segfault in
 /usr/local/lib/dri/i965_dri.so. The platform is based on a m3-7Y30 CPU,
 using i916kms driver.

 A bit of digging around showed that there is a bug that manifests at
 ./work/mesa-18.3.2/src/compiler/glsl/builtin_variables.cpp, line 918:
    add_uniform(type("gl_DepthRangeParameters"), "gl_DepthRange");
 Looks like type("gl_DepthRangeParameters") returns zero, because Mesa
 cannot find the name "gl_DepthRangeParameters" in its hash table.

 Commenting out the line and recompiling the port makes system usable
 again.

 Just FYI. I don't know how to fix this.

--
[SorAlx]  ridin' VN2000 Classic LT