Wayland on FreeBSD

Jan Beich jbeich at FreeBSD.org
Mon Apr 20 21:06:40 UTC 2020

Frederic Chardon <chardon.frederic at gmail.com> writes:

> Le lun. 20 avr. 2020 à 20:54, Jan Beich <jbeich at freebsd.org> a écrit :
>

>> Frederic Chardon <chardon.frederic at gmail.com> writes:

[...]
>> Try starting Sway via "ktrace -i" or replace Xwayland binary with a
>> wrapper (see below) that starts it via ktrace. Tracing glxgears is too
>> late as Mesa will simply give up if DRI3 is not initialized.
[...]
> The trace shows usage of llvmpipe after the failed ioctl on
> /dev/dri/card0, so as I understand the lack of hardware acceleration
> concerns only Xwayland, whereas wayland itself is accelerated ?

Yep. Check which ioctls fail then try to reproduce outside of Mesa or
hardcode the result. Overriding PCI ID via INTEL_DEVID_OVERRIDE is
unlikely to help e.g.,

https://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-x11/2019-January/022551.html

If you still have no clue try playing with sysctls under compat.linuxkpi
via /boot/loader.conf.