Users of x11-drivers/xf86-video-ati-legacy

Niclas Zeising zeising at freebsd.org
Thu Apr 16 16:15:46 UTC 2020

On April 16, 2020 3:58:48 PM UTC, Andrea Venturoli <ml at netfence.it> wrote:
>On 2020-04-13 15:54, Andrea Venturoli wrote:
>
>> As I understand it 785G/880G refers to the whole southbridge, which
>> includes graphics, PCI and other things. Graphics *should* be RS880
>in
>> both cases.
>
>I can confirm this.
>I booted both machines and both report RS880.
>

>I tried checking out drm-kmod source and compile it myself, but I'm
>getting errors.
>Is there some documentation on how to deal with this project?
>
>  bye & Thanks
>	av.

What do you mean checking out? From GitHub?
In general, the version in ports is the latest version, so there isn't much exciting in the repo. If you want to build from the repo, clone it, check out the branch that works with your os, and run make (possibly with -j for parallel make).
To figure out what's going on, I need to know what error you're seeing, and what is version you have, and what steps you took.
Regards
--
Niclas Zeising