xfce4 using 100% cpu

tech-lists tech-lists at zyxst.net
Sat Apr 4 09:30:05 UTC 2020

Hello Guido,

On Thu, Apr 02, 2020 at 11:17:37AM +0200, Guido Falsi wrote:

[...useful things to try...]

I've tried the first suggestion to no avail, and the xorg log shows nothing
untoward. Then again I'm unsure what to look for. I guess the next step will
be to use truss.

I've read elsewhere that high cpu use could be caused by software rendering,
although I doubt (but I might be wrong) that is what's happening here,
otherwise wouldn't it happen with windowmaker as well?

There is something else - the second highest cpu use in top is something
called wrapper-2.0. I have no idea what this is but it's not invoked when
windowmaker runs.

I think perhaps the very first thing to try next is just startxfce4 &

thanks,
--
J.