llvm90 -why

Jan Beich jbeich at FreeBSD.org
Sun Sep 22 17:41:55 UTC 2019

Jan Beich <jbeich at FreeBSD.org> writes:

> Vasily Postnicov <shamaz.mazum at gmail.com> writes:
>
>> вс, 22 сент. 2019 г., 13:25 ajtiM via freebsd-x11 <freebsd-x11 at freebsd.org>:

>>> Thank you.
>>
>> What's worse, lang/clover was not updated and still seems to require
>> llvm80, but devel/libclc now depends on llvm90. This breaks OpenCL on amd
>> cards completely
>
> lang/clover doesn't build with llvm90, see https://reviews.freebsd.org/P294
> I'm relying on users' feedback as the maintainer didn't help test bug 239682.
>
> Can you document OpenCL error for posterity?

Worked around in https://svnweb.freebsd.org/changeset/ports/512594
If you don't want to install more than one devel/llvm* define
DEFAULT_VERSIONS+=llvm=80 in make.conf(5).

Alternatively, help fixing lang/clover to work with llvm90. Mesa ports
are unlikely to be updated until Summer next year due to low demand.