freebsd-x11 Digest, Vol 777, Issue 2

Gary Jennejohn gljennjohn at gmail.com
Wed Oct 23 07:21:07 UTC 2019

On Tue, 22 Oct 2019 20:33:20 +0000
Miranda van Breukelingen <mms.vanbreukelingen at gmail.com> wrote:

> It can't be deactivated via quotation as bios and gpu are still
> seperated on the ryzen 7 with an asus board and so it can't be
> checkouted via driver settings.
>

> On 2019-10-22 16:58, Gary Jennejohn wrote:
> > On Tue, 22 Oct 2019 16:54:05 +0000
> > Miranda van Breukelingen <mms.vanbreukelingen at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> >> https://pastebin.com/sFxdnt9v
> >>
> >> is still unsolved. nobody knows? new grafic-card?
> >>
> > Get rid of card1 and screen1.  That's an audio device, not graphics.

That is irrelevant.  You're trying to use a non-graphics interface
with amdgpu, which can not work.  The fact that the graphics card
happens to have an audio interface has nothing to do with what
the BIOS on the main board is controlling.  The graphics card
has its own firmware and it is not controlled by the BIOS.

Removing card1 and screen1 will not deactivate the audio part
of the card, it will simply eliminate the use of a non-graphics
interface on the card with amdgpu.

My NVIDIA card also has audio, but I don't try to use it as a
graphics interface because I know that it will not work with
the nividia-driver.  The audio part of the card shows up as
a separate hda (audio) device in the kernel boot trace.

--
Gary Jennejohn