sway-1.2_1 crashes

John Kennedy warlock at phouka.net
Mon Oct 14 22:29:57 UTC 2019

On Sat, Oct 12, 2019 at 03:51:14AM +0200, Jan Beich wrote:
> John Kennedy <warlock at phouka.net> writes:
> >   ... Jan's link eventually leads to this:
> >
> > 	https://github.com/freebsd/freebsd-ports/commit/a7c3fd3d428e
>
> That didn't land in the mainline. I've used a commit from Greg's repo[1]
> (frequently rebased) to save time on testing. GitHub allows referencing
> commits from any fork, so one has to pay attention to tags and branches
> a commit exists in. Using the original repo instead of a fork allows to
> reference a commit even if the fork is removed or renamed but if the
> commit is orphaned for prolonged time it maybe garbage-collected.
>
> --
> [1] https://github.com/myfreeweb/freebsd-ports-dank/commits/lite
>     A lot of stuff have been submitted on bugzilla but not everything.

  Well, I knew it didn't end up in the mainline, I just couldn't figure out
where it was.

  I learned a few more poudriere tricks, but I patched my local git ports
tree with that patch.  That certainly seems to fix the VT problem.

  Is there any reason it hasn't been pushed out?  It made ~43 of my ports
recompile, but it also seems like it's been out there a while.

  For all the compiling I do from ports, I haven't dug into that process.